Here at Dance Unlimited, we traditionally make cards for our local nursing home. We also enjoy asking our students about why they LOVE to dance. We know that some of your traditions might not work this year during the pandemic, so we decided to make a list of at-home Valentine’s activities for all of our dance families!
What’s not to LOVE about a holiday filled with tons of hearts and treats?! Celebrating Valentine’s Day is fun for the littles AND a special day for mom and dad too! How do you like to spread the love each year with your family? Enjoy our list of at-home Valentine’s actives and let us know if you give any of our ideas a try!
4 Ways to Celebrate L.O.V.E. At Home This Valentines Day:
L is for Local Shops and Restaurants
Here at Dance Unlimited, we love supporting our fellow local small businesses! Most of us LOVE to fill our Valentines Day with sweet treats, yummy food, and some lovely flowers for our family. This year, during a difficult time for small businesses, get your Valentines goodies from one of these local gems:
- Augusta Florist or Berry and Berry Floral – Flowers for your special someone!
- Bagel Mainea – Fresh bagels for breakfast!
- Wicked Whoopies – Whoopie pies!
- Augusta Seafood Inc. or Sandy Point Seafood – For a fresh seafood dinner!
- Sweet Chilli Thai, or State Lunch – A lovely dinner and cocktails to go!
O is for Organizing a Virtual Craft Party
Crafting is a Valentine’s staple for the little ones! If you can’t get together with friends or exchange Valentines like normal, hop on zoom and complete a craft with friends and family. The kids will LOVE showing off their creations. Check out this list of TONS of simple Valentines crafts for kids!
V is for Valentine’s Games At Home
Those games from elementary school Valentine’s parties are SO fun! Why not have a family game night at home?! The kids will be ecstatic. We’ve rounded up two great lists with plenty of at-home game ideas here:
- 7 Valentine’s Games for Kids to Play At-Home – Great for younger ones!
- 37 Best Valentine’s Games – Some games with at-home items, and some with links to buy awesome materials!
E is for Enjoying an At-Home Date Night
Hey dance moms and dads, YOU deserve a date night, ESPECIALLY on Valentine’s Day! Don’t let the pandemic stop you!
- Have a paint night. Check Facebook for free links or click here for Paint Kits
- Have a fondu night! Chocolate Fountain
- Create an at-home theatre night. Check out all the Broadway shows on Netflix and Disney!
We hope this list of at-home Valentine’s activities makes your celebration a little more love-ly! Have anything to add? We are always looking for more ways to celebrate with the kiddos!
Spending Valentine’s Day with kids and family can really spread the love all around! Here at DU, we LOVE to dance and we love our students, so celebrating Valentine’s Day with them each year fills our hearts to the max! Happy Valentine’s Day, DU families!
Still looking to join us for the 2020/2021 dance year? The deadline to register and perform in the recital is Feb. 28. Check out the schedule here.